Monday 2 July 2012

My alfredo sauce

I was first introduced to alfredo sauce on a camping trip in America, anyone that knows me that the America part sounds about right but not the camping. Whilst camping isn't my first choice of holiday, it was cheap, the campsites were good and the weather was good too. I saw lots of north east USA and ate some interesting food along the way. The trip leader made alfredo one night on the camping stove and whilst it came out of a jar it sparked my interest in this sauce, as it wasn't something I had come across before in the UK. Whether what I have made here is a true alfredo sauce I haven't got a clue but it was yummy and really easy to make, it was the first time my little boy was quiet all day long, he was so busy trying to eat it as quickly as he could.

On another note, I've not written a blog post for ages, May was a horrible month for both my husband and I at work, we didn't stop all month long and it's taken us June to recover! Unfortunately my husband has developed an inner ear infection and so I'm now trying to get him better and this has included cooking some food to help him feel better. There are a couple of other recipes that I need to get written up that I have cooked on purpose which are probably more to his taste but are good food for families. The quantities in this are all approximate, the joy of a meal like this is that you can adapt it to your tastes.

Chicken alfredo

2-3 tbsp Mascarpone cheese (3/4 of a standard supermarket packet)

50g grated parmesan cheese

Cooked chicken meat (I roasted a chicken to use the remaining meat for a meal later in the week and we used 1 and a half of the chicken breasts)

Salt and pepper

175g tagliatelle

Served two plus toddler (we also steamed some mangetout peas and had a mini garlic bread)

  1. Bring a saucepan of water to boiling point, then add the pasta, cook according to the packet instructions.
  2. In another pan mix together the mascarpone and parmesan. Over a medium heat, mix the two together, reduce the heat and add the chicken. If you have any herbs or flavourings you would like to add to the sauce, this is the best opportunity. Season the sauce well.
  3. Once the pasta is cooked, drain, return to the saucepan and add the chicken/sauce mix. Stir well making sure all the pasta is well coated. Serve immediately, grating some more parmesan onto the pasta if you like.

No comments:

Post a Comment