Monday 2 April 2012

Quick I need a salad

This is such a quick and easy salad but livens up a dull carrot completely. I bought a huge bag of carrots in the supermarket and knew that to make the most of this economy I needed to be creative in my cooking that week. I also had a friend coming over for lunch and had decided to cook some baked potatoes (my go-to lunch option for visitors it seems) but wanted more than just cheese, ham and home made chutney to go with them. Grated carrot is always nice and can be a lovely addition to a salad. My downfall at this stage was that I didn't have any green leaves so I wanted to make my carrot into more of a salad in its own right. A quick root through my store cupboard and this is what I came up with. It is better if it can be left to chill for a while in the fridge, overnight and the flavours really blend together well. Simply stir all the ingredients together into a dish and enjoy

Carrot salad

2/3 medium carrots (grated)

1-2 tbsp raisins

2 tsps poppy seeds

Juice of 1/2 orange

No comments:

Post a Comment