Saturday 12 November 2011

Change of routine for breakfast

When I read my 'sprinkle some love at breakfast' post back it did make me feel a little guilty that breakfast wasn't a more varied meal in our house. This is especially sad as it is by far my husband's favourite meal of the day and it's really important for everyone to get a good start to the day. So I decided that I should try to change this this weekend. Knowing we had eggs and some bread that needed eating up I decided to make eggy bread, also known as French toast. Full marks for my attempt but probably none for execution, one thing I learned is that for it to be a success, I really need to learn to get out of bed quicker at the weekend!

Anyway, I had also remembered to get two slices of bacon out of the freezer, so this was enjoyed along with the French toast. The boys had bowls of cereal whilst they were waiting which was probably a good thing as I seemed to take forever to get the bread frying in the pan (I did say I'm not a morning person). It was a nice treat and I think it was appreciated by both of them. As I hadn't had any cereal I finished my breakfast off with a Satsuma, which took away any feelings of guilt I might have had over the bacon and French toast.

French toast

2 eggs

3 tablespoons of milk

Sprinkle of cinnamon

2 slices of bread

Knob of butter

  1. Mix together the egg, milk and cinnamon until well combined. Dip the bread into the mix so that both sides are coated. Don't be tempted to leave the bread in the mix too long as it will soak up too much and be a bit on the soggy side.
  2. Meanwhile, melt the butter in a frying pan over a medium heat. Once butter is melted, place bread in frying pan. Turn the bread once it has changed to a lovely golden brown colour. Make sure both sides are browned, eat it whilst it is still hot. Yummy!

No comments:

Post a Comment